Tuesday 3 July 2012

Lazy Garlic

I should apologise, I have been so busy recently and the blog has fallen by the way side somewhat. But we are back in business ooh yeah. So much has happened, hey! Spain won Euro 2012 and none of us saw that one coming, complete shocker. Who knew Iniesta could play football? One thing we all could have predicted was Torres winning the golden boot after playing 2 minutes of football. Bloody obvious. Seriously though, if you were deluded enough to put a bet on that before the tournament, fair freaking play. Pirlo was the player of Euro 2012 for me. I expected him to be sexy and boy he did NOT let me down. I felt a bit sorry for Italy. They played far better than I would ever of expected and tiredness and a Spain we know of old just got the better of them. I don't care what people say, I don't think Spain have had a very good tournament and they were boring. It doesn't mean they aren't fantastic footballers, it is because they are the best that they can get away with passing the other team into submission but, it can be very tedious to watch. For these reasons, I also don't believe Iniesta should have the accolade of being the best player in Euro 2012. On merit, I suppose he is but Pirlo would have got my vote for being consistently brilliant from the get go, not just 90 minutes at the end. And for that penalty. It was worth England losing. However, I begrudgingly congratulate Spain. In the famous words of Zinedine Zidane: "The day Spain begin winning, they won't stop." I still believe the Germans will be the team of the near future but Spain just seem invincible.


The less I say about England the better. How far behind we have fallen in international football is quite horrendous. I enjoyed the Sweden game and, to be fair, we expected to have a shit competition and probably went further than expected, but this cannot mask the work that needs doing. However, with generally good refereeing, only 2 goalless games, lots of passion and plenty of beuatiful ladies, Ramos looking as though he would fit at any moment during each rendition of the Spanish National Anthem and Italy looking to burst with pride during theirs, Poland v Russia and general child-like antics from Ronaldo and Balotelli, I would say Euro 2012 have been a success! Well in Polkraine!




No comments:

Post a Comment