Wednesday 13 June 2012

Predictions

High on my current success of 1 correct prediction, I am going into tonight's games almost certain that I know what will happen. And you should listen up. The biggun that I am excited about is Netherlands v Germany. Both teams had disappointing first games so I hope the rivalry between these two clubs and, in Hollands case the need to win, may spruce them up a bit. Germany won but there were flaws to their game and they hardly played the exciting fusball we were expecting from their young guns. Holland had a frustrating game setting up chance after chance after chance and wasting every single one, unable to find a way past Denmark. They will be very aware now that little but a win here will do. If Germany win and Denmark beat Portugal, the fates are sealed and Portugal and Holland will be on their way home. I would not be suprised if Huntelaar starts tonight alongside RvP, looking the more dynamic forward once he was subbed on for a deflated Van Persie and if the Netherlands can just tighten up at the back and maximise their chances, they could definitely win tonight. Sneijder had a fantastic game and completely controlled midfield so hopefully he can be on top of his game. I hope we see an energetic, attacking Holland team tonight which in turn I hope will spurn Germany into action. If that is the case, I hope for entertainment value that Holland can grab a win here. I'm not entirely confident they can however. My heart says Holland for the win, my brain Germany. I think 3-2...Germany.


Portugal are another team that come away from their opening game probably feeling like they could and should have done more. They looked shaky at the back and didn't go forward enough as they should. They looked dangerous when they actually got in front of the goal but Denmark are a very organised team and very tight at the back. I feel that if Portugal get one, they could go on to get a few but they will need to break down Denmark. Denmark that is who will be high on confidence off the back of defeating Holland and also a team that know a win here secures them a Final 8 place, potentially a top of the group finish which really would be spectatular. It's hard to predict this and depends which Portugal turns up. If they can just get their heads into the game and attack from the off, they should prove far too much of a handle for Denmark to defend throughout the entire game but I am not confident that Portugal will turn up. Gah, hard one. Erm...3-1 Portugal. Denmark to go one up and then Portugal to come good in the second half. Maybe. Either that or we could be in for a very dull game.

No comments:

Post a Comment