Friday 18 May 2012

Some Football Kits 2012/13

I have actually found myself generally liking most of the football shirts I have so far seen which is a vast improvement on last season. Manchester United are exempt from such priase however, as is Newcastle's away shirt. Serial offenders to fashion, Everton, are also yet to release any kit pictures so I wait with baited breath. Manchester United's kit may be bad enough to bring the entire average down anyway so other clubs need to take one for the team in this instance. Throw the fashion bible at your kits lads! Anyway, possibly my favourite that I have seen is courtesy of Chelski.



Now, you could not have the elite football fans of West London dressed in any old ensemble but kudos to Chelsea, they have created a very nice home shirt indeed. Last year I was a fan of their away kit but not so much on the home kit so it's a vast improvement. It's slick, smart and I like the gold finish. It says winner to me!
Another shirt I have taken a liking to is Liverpool's home kit.
It's a nod back to the days of old and 80's inspired with the yellow on red. I think it is another smart offering and I like the exaggerated Liver bird. What often perplexes me is why Liverpool is pronounced as in organ liver as opposed to lyver (as in the bird). Why is this? Whyyy?
Anyway, onwards and upwards is the offering from Championship newbies Blackburn. I'm only including this as I think it's nice and today I like nice things. So here we go! Hold onto your knickers!
Wow!
Maybe their kit designer could become their new manager. Hell, maybe I should become their new manager. Maybe that chicken that was released onto the pitch should become the new manager. F*ck Steve Kean. As nice a shirt as it is, I can't see it making up for the Premiership exit of a team that won the League in '95. The current lack of sponsor, in my mind, actually improves the shirt. But they are losers so less about Blackburn and more about....
Delia Smith! And if that's not good enough for you, here's...
Woohoo! Norwich have awesome fans! I liked Norwich's kit last year, I like it this year. Maybe because the differences are barely visable to the naked eye (new collar), maybe because it is yellow and happy and they brighten up the joint and maybe because it's a bit Brazilian which is tropical. And Brazilians love carnivals, as do I.
Onto another recent addition to the Prem in the form of Swansea. This here thing is their away kit, don't cha know.
No guessing which country these boyos are from, ey! You'd be forgiven for thinking the Welsh were launching an invasion when these lot turn up at your club. I like it. Pride of Wales yada, yada, yada. Bore da. Araf. Noswaith dda. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Before you call 999, I am not having a fit +/ banging my head upon the keyboard...those ladies and gentlemen, are genuine Welsh words, the last one being a Welsh town. Imagine ordering a taxi back to there after a few...
Another team who often impress me with their shirts is Arsenal. I find Arsenal hilarious. Their marketing campaigns are often ridiculous...

Arshavin is a living legend.
However, their latest offering of sportware, whilst admittedly not deviating from their French stereotypes, is far from ridiculous.
Alouette, gentile Alouette!
I understand the back light/halo effect may add a certain je naid se quoi, maybe the term I am looking for is va va voom? Any road, thumbs up Gooners.
Finally, here is New'astle's away kit canny shan, haway.
I don't like it. He look's like a tampon. It is hardly very Geordie. Where's the mini skirt? I DEMAND A MINI SKIRT ON THAT MAN IMMEDIATELY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment